back

Saturday, December 26, 2009

More Rice


Freckle Foot has been having a difficult time lately. I am not sure if the growth spurt or adjusting to her brothers new found motility. I thought I would bring out an activity that I know is very soothing for her. I dyed rice orange and green back in October but forgot to get this activity out for her. I tucked the orange rice away for another day but got out the green rice, a few spoons and a container. It was amazing to watch how calm and relaxed she got while playing with the rice. I had to do this activity while Little Loaf was sleeping or in his high chair because he would have tried to eat all the rice on the floor. Freckle Foot's hands did turn green after playing with the rice. Does anyone know how to dye rice so the color won't bleed?

No comments:

Post a Comment