back

Sunday, March 8, 2015

It snowed in March!

 

Last year at the spring Just Between Friends consignment sale I found this water table. I have been searching Pinterst to find different ways to fill it. This is our fake snow. The boys exact words were "this is awesome". I went to the Dollar Store and purchased a bottle of hair conditioner and raided my Costco sized stash of baking soda. The recipe is 3 cups baking soda and 1/2 cup of conditioner. I found the recipe at 1st Grade Fantabulous. It feels cold just like snow and it sticks together enough to make snowmen. I ended up using 6 cups of baking soda and a 1 cup of conditioner. Freckle Foot wasn't really interested in it which was good because it made just enough for both the boys. They have played in it for the past two days with no bickering. Since I used a coconut scented conditioner the boys both came in the house smelling like coconuts. Little Loaf and his Dad had a grand time telling me that he smelled like coconuts. I'm not sure why they thought this was so funny but Little Loaf was in hysterics.

As you can see I think it might take about 15 cups of baking soda to fill the whole table. I ended up using all the baking soda I had on hand to make enough for the two of them. Looks like I will be stocking up next time I go to Costco. This summer I plan on doing some ice and snow activities so this was a good test run.

No comments:

Post a Comment