back

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Foster Farms


The kids and I spent the day on Foster Farm. My friend Natalie's parents use to run a dairy farm but now rent out the land to other farmers. The farm borders on the Tolt River and the Snoqualmie River.
Natalie's dad brought down the kayak's. A few for the adults and 2 that are built just for the kids.
 
There is a secret entrance to get to the beach.  You have to go through two gates and across a long field to get there. I told the kids we were going to a secret beach. That only added to the excitement of the day.
 
 
 This is the path off of the field that leads to the Snoqualmie River. It is a very peaceful and slow part of the river. This year was great because it was very shallow the kids could explore almost to the middle of the river.
 
 
 Ryann was showing Freckle Foot how to kayak.
 

Little Loaf was having the time of his life kayaking, swimming in a inner tube and jumping off a log. I got the sunburn of my life. My thighs haven't seen the light of day since Freckle Foot was born. Natalie put sunscreen on my back but I forgot to put some on my chest. It's gonna be a painful couple of days. Totally worth it. Best day of summer ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment