back

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Gang is back in action (a.k.a Mommy feels better)


Here is The Gang hanging out on the deck playing with some bubbles. 

Well it's been almost a year since my last post. Since I stopped nursing about a month ago and Wee One is finally sleeping through the night. I am feeling like a human again. With all my new found energy I have been planning our summer.  I have a few theme weeks planned and lots of random activities to fill in the gaps. 



We started our summer off in our PJ's of course. Shining some pennies. We used vinegar and salt combination; which worked but they weren't getting really shinny so I looked up other ingredients we could use. We added a little lemon juice that didn't really change things much. I really wanted our pennies to sparkle and shine. So I did another quick search on the Internet and it said some people use baking soda. Now I know when you mix baking soda and vinegar it fizzes and bubbles and is loads of fun. What I didn't now is that it would tarnish the pennies and the spoons we were using. Thinking back I am pretty sure that the baking soda was meant to be used dry with a tooth brush. Oh well we have loads of pennies. We will try to make the next batch shinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment