back

Monday, March 15, 2010

Salty and Sweet


Freckle Foot

Little Loaf


Well I was just looking at pictures of the kids when they were born. I get this nostalgic feeling that never existed on the day of their birth because I was too anxious about their arrival but it’s there now. I know 30 years from now I will look back and think this was my favorite time in our lives. Everyday is hard, it’s hard to get everything done, in the moment , the hour, the day, the week. It’s hard being tired all the time, it’s hard feeling run down all the time, it’s hard to feel like you are constantly under a time crunch, get them down for a nap, diapers changed, food prepared. What I do like is Freckle Foot staying in her PJ’s all day and I don’t care, because it doesn’t matter. I get to play peek a boo with Little Loaf on the floor. I can hear them laughing together while I make dinner at 9 am in the morning.  Because that is when I had the energy to make it. Life is salty and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment